The Arsenal boss Unai Emery has said that the reaction of Granit Xhaka was wrong and he will have words with him concerning the incident that happened when the midfielder was subbed out in the 2-2 draw against Crystal Palace on Sunday evening.
The Arsenal captain appeared to swear at the fans when he was booed off during the match against Crystal Palace . the midfielder responded to fans by waving his arms, cupping his ears towards the fans and seemingly mouthed an obscenity according to some reports.
The Arsenal captain then rejected his manager’s handshake as he walks down the tunnel.
According to sky sports Unai Emery said when asked if Xhaka would remain the captain
“Now is not the time to talk about that.”
“He was wrong,” Emery said after the game. “We need to stay calm and speak to him internally about that. He was not right to do that.
“We are working with the club and the players to play under pressure.
“We are going to speak with him because the reaction was wrong. We are here because we have supporters. We work for them and need to have respect for them when they are applauding us and criticizing us.”
there are big question is will Xhaka feature when Arsenal faces the premier league leader Liverpool in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday evening.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector