The Arsenal boss Unai Emery has said that the reaction of Granit Xhaka was wrong and he will have words with him concerning the incident that happened when the midfielder was subbed out in the 2-2 draw against Crystal Palace on Sunday evening.
The Arsenal captain appeared to swear at the fans when he was booed off during the match against Crystal Palace . the midfielder responded to fans by waving his arms, cupping his ears towards the fans and seemingly mouthed an obscenity according to some reports.
The Arsenal captain then rejected his manager’s handshake as he walks down the tunnel.
According to sky sports Unai Emery said when asked if Xhaka would remain the captain
“Now is not the time to talk about that.”
“He was wrong,” Emery said after the game. “We need to stay calm and speak to him internally about that. He was not right to do that.
“We are working with the club and the players to play under pressure.
“We are going to speak with him because the reaction was wrong. We are here because we have supporters. We work for them and need to have respect for them when they are applauding us and criticizing us.”
there are big question is will Xhaka feature when Arsenal faces the premier league leader Liverpool in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday evening.
- Buhari seeks Senate’s approval of 6 Executive Bills
- Convicted Yahoo Yahoo boy masterminds $100million deal from prison custody
- EFCC jails another 5 internet fraudsters in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- SAD…AbdulRazaq mourns as KWASU loses lecturer, student in auto crash
- Hate Speech Bill: Death penalty, other punitive terms open to amendments
- Imbibe spirit of sportsmanship, ex-PDP aspirant, Igali tells Bayelsa gov-elect
- No going back on Hate Speech Bill, says sponsor
- UNILORIN, AL-Hikmah varsities’ best graduating students to bag Gbenga Power Foundation scholarships
- Lawan rejoices with APC, Kogi, Bayelsa governors-elect
- Lagos govt to prosecute Indian national for keeping Lion at home