Tiger Woods formerly number 1 in the world returned on Monday morning to close out a three-under 67 at Narashino country club in Japan ending the week on 19 under which puts him in front of Hideki Matsuyama.
Woods has been lifted to sixth in the world rankings due to the winning the PGA tour title.
According to sky sports, woods had a sluggish start when the play resumed at 7:30am, slamming his club into the ground in frustration after finding the bunker with his approach into the par-four 12th and then failing to get up and down to save par.
Woods couldn’t convert an eight-foot birdie try at the 13th but Matsuyama reduced woods advantage by missing his birdie look from half the distance at the par-five next. woods was able to regain his three-stroke cushion by walking home a 15-foot birdie at the 14th, while Matuyama drained a 30-footer at the par-three 16th.
Matsuyama’s 15-foot birdie try at the 17th was ruined and then found a fairway bunker off the final tee on his way to a closing par, with a three-under 67 setting the clubhouse target at 16 under.
Woods was able to retain his two-shot cushion heading to the 18th, where splashed out of a green side bunker to eight feet and sealed his victory with a birdie.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Train attack victims: FG reveals details on alleged ransome paid
- AbdulRazaq greets Muslims, attends Kwara’s annual Maulid celebration
- Buhari presents N20.51trn 2023 budget to National Assembly
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday