A statement from the Registrar, Dr Kikelomo Salle, on Monday said this was to afford the university community to mourn the immense loss.
“KWASU has announced the suspension of all activities in the university from Monday to Nov. 27 to mourn the death of Akanbi,’’ he said.
The vice chancellor died on Sunday evening at the age of 51 after a protracted illness.
“As we all mourn the passing of Akanbi which sad event occurred on Sunday, a one week of mourning has been declared by the university.
“All activities are hereby suspended in the university from Nov. 21 till Nov. 27, for us to mourn this immense loss.
“I urge everyone to put the wife, children and family of Prof. Akanbi in prayers as well as the university.
“May Allah forgive his sins, widen his grave and grant him admission into Jannatul Firdaus.
“May the university community never again witness such an unfortunate loss,” Salle said.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt