President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan has appealed to the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, to shelve the proposed industrial action due to alleged delay in implementation of the N30, 000 minimum wage, saying Nigeria can not stand such action.
Lawan made the appeal when the executives of the NLC and the Parliamentary Staff Association of Nigeria, PASAN, led by Comrade Ayuba Wabara and Sunday Sabiyi respectively paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja.
He called for further understanding and patriotism adding that some States have started paying the agreed minimum wage.
“We should not encourage personal issue to overshadow our collective responsibility to nation building.
We will journey with you to ensure absolute implementation of the minimum wage by the Federal government.” Lawan pleaded.
The President of the Senate also advised PASAN to collaborate with the management and leadership of the National Assembly, urging them to present issue base arguments instead on engaging strike action to press home their demands.
He assured his guests that the 9th Assembly will not be detracted but remain focus in pursing growth in every sector of the country.
The NLC President later presented a congratulatory card to the President of the Senate for his emergence as the Chairman of the National Assembly just as he pledged the commitment and collaboration of the Labour unions to the legislators.
Earlier, the chairman of PASAN, Comrade Sunday Sabiyi congratulated Lawan and the leadership of the Senate on the what he described an impressive emergence as the President of the Senate urging him to put in use his wealth of experience as a ranking senator to the service and protection of the interests of the people.
Sabiyi used the occasion to table the demands of the parliamentary staff in National Assembly in implementation of 2018 arrears of 28 percent and balance of 50 percent consolidated legislative salary, implementation of condition of service, recently approved by the 8th National Assembly, training of staff, health insurance and life insurance premium.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment