Baring any last minute change, the Kano State Government must have proposed the choice of either of the two senior sons of late Emir Ado Bayero to succeed the deposed Emir, Muhammadu Sanusi II. Although, the government in a statement issued on Monday disclosed that a new Emir would be announced in due course.
His Royal Highness Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, a Mass Communication graduate of Bayero University, Kano, was first appointed as district head in 1990 by his late father, appointed a district head and Dan Maje Kano in 1990 and later promoted to Dan Buran Kano.
From there, he was elevated to Turakin Kano and later moved to another higher post as Sarkin Dawakin Sakarin Gida Kano.
On ascension of throne as the Emir of Kano, the deposed Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II promoted him to the title of Wambe Kano, a senior counsellor in Kano emirate.
He was appointed as the first Emir of Bichi Emirate Council by Governor Umar Abdullahi Ganduje in 2019.
Born 2nd February 1964 into the respected family of the late Alhaji (Dr.) Ado Abdullahi Bayero, the immediate past Emir of Kano.
He had his primary and secondary education in Kano from where he proceeded to the University of Maiduguri to study Mass Communication. He is also a graduate of the Executive Programme of the prestigious Harvard Business School.
He has had extensive experience working with Continental Merchant Bank Nigeria; Coastal Corporation (Oil and Gas) Houston, Texas and Hamlet Investment Inc. London, UK.
An accomplished entrepreneur and consummate manager of people and businesses, he sits on the board of several successful businesses. Prominent amongst these are SEPLAT Petroleum (Nigerian independent producer), Platform Petroleum Limited (Nigerian independent producer), Intels (Oilfields) Services Nigeria Limited (Intels is the largest marine logistics company in Nigeria).
He is the Chairman of Enclo Limited a Nigerian company providing currency operations support services to the Central Bank of Nigeria and other financial institutions as well as security documents design and printing solutions.
Alhaji Nasir Ado Bayero is the Ciroman Kano (Crown Prince) and the District Head of Nassarawa in Kano State.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal