The Kwara State Government has again reiterated commitments to youth development to make youth useful for the society as well as the selves as future leaders.
The State Commissioner for Environment, Mallam Shehu Ndanusa Usman stated this during the week, at the end closing ceremony of the 3-day Workshop organised for youth and women on climate smart municipal solid waste management, by Federal Ministry of Environment, in collaboration with Kwara State Ministry of Environment, held at the conference hall of the Ministry.
He stressed that the present administration under the leadership of Mallam AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq is committed to youth development and ready to develop our youth, to meet the challenges of adolescence and adulthood, so that they can achieve their full potentials and be useful to themselves and the society at large.
He therefore charged participants to make use of the knowledge gained from both Timekus Global Resource Limited and Chyme Pacers Ventures Limited to establish their businesses and be self-employed for a better living.
The Commissioner also educated participants that waste management is a lucrative business that a serious minded youth can tap into and excel in life.
Mallam Ndanusa assured them of the government’s supports after the training, for them to be self independent.
In her remark, the Permanent Secretary, Hajia Afusat Ibrahim appreciated the Federal Ministry of Environment for choosing Kwara State as one of the beneficiaries of the training and also for partnering with the State Ministry of Environment to organise the programme.
Earlier, the representative of the Federal Ministry of Environment, (Pollution Control & Environmental Health), Mr Zakariya Kutsr commended the State Government for the warm reception the Ministry accorded him and also for creating an enabling environment for youths to develop in the state, most especially, some of the laudable projects that has a direct impact on youth development and leadership.
He then disclosed that sixty youths were selected across the state and they have been trained on Climate Smart Municipal Solid Waste Management and start-up capital will be given to each participant as an empowerment to start the business on waste management.
He also assured that the Federal Ministry of Environment will continue to partner with the state for youth development.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death