By Salisu Zakari Maradun, Gusau
Governor Bello Matawalle Maradun of Zamfara, has finally fulfilled the promise he made during his electioneering campaign of free health care service to all across the State, as he flag off the distribution of hospital drugs and equipment to all the health institutions in the State.
He also constructed a new medical stores worth millions of naira in addition to brand new ambulances to all the 17 General hospitals in the State.
Speaking at the occasion of the flagging up of the distribution, Matawalle warns strongly those entrusted with the facilities against diversion of them, as according to him, his administration will not hesitate in expelling any staff found to be involved in that kind of dishonesty. He explained also that he is ready to part with anyone whose intention is to sabotage the efforts of the government in its quest alleviating the suffering of the citizens for whose demands the drugs and other equipment were provided.
According to the governor, on no account should any of the provision be mismanaged, adding that very soon, all the remaining in completed projects under health sector will be completed with a view to ensuring effective use of them.
The governor further revealed that health services delivery is part of his administration’s priority, and that tamparing with it amounts to sabotage.
He charged those under whose care the facilities will be, to be God fearing people as all of them will be questioned in the hereafter on how they handled what was given to them.
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero