Tragedy struck in Biogberu village via Gwanara in Baruten local government area of Kwara State after a family of 10 died after consuming a local herbal mixture on June 18.
Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the state police command, SP. Ajayi Okasanmi, said on June 22, one Ibrahim Bonnie of Fulani camp Biogberu, via Gwanara, reported the case at the police station.
He said that one Okosi Musa and Worugura Junlin, came to his mother, Pennia Bonni of same Fulani camp, who was having a foot infection, with a local herbal mixture purported to be the cure for her ailment.
“She was also told to ensure that all her family members take some of the mixture to prevent the spread of the disease to other family members. After taking the local herbal mixture, the family members started dying one after the other, at the last count, 10 members including the infected mother, have died.
The Commissioner of Police, CP Mohammed Lawal Bagega, has ordered a discreet investigation into the incident; the two suspects are already helping the police in their investigation.”Okasanmi said
The police spokesperson added that the commissioner of police has advised sick members of the public to seek a medical solution in recognized medical homes spread across the state to avoid ugly incidents of this nature.
“Suspects will have their day in court at the conclusion of investigation” he said.
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC