It was a disaster in the Biogberu community of Kwara State as 10 members of the family died after consuming local herbal mixture.
According to police report, the 40-year-old woman Pennia Bonni who sufferred foot infection was given the herbal to drink to cure her ailment and was also told to ensure her family members do same, not knowing it would end in sorrow.
Statement by Sp Okasanmi Ajayi (anipr), the state command Police Public Relation Officer reads:
On 22/6/2021 at about 0700hrs, one Ibrahim Bonnie ‘m’ aged 22years of Fulani camp Biogberu, via Gwanara, reported at the police station that on 18/6/2021, one Okosi Musa ‘m’ age 35years and one Worugura Junlin ‘m’ an adult, came to his mother by name Pennia Bonni ‘f’ aged 40years of same Fulani camp who was having a foot infection, with a local herbal mixture purported to be the cure for her ailment. She was also told to ensure that all her family members take out of the mixture to prevent the spread of the disease to other family members.
After taking the local herbal mixture, the family members started dieing one after the other, at the last count, 10 members including the infected legged mother died.
The commissioner of police, CP Mohammed Lawal Bagega psc has ordered a discreet investigation into the incident, the two suspects are already helping the police in their investigation.
The commissioner of police advises sick members of the public to seek medical solution in recognized medical homes spread across the length and breadth of the state to avoid ugly incidents of this nature. Suspects will have their day in court at the conclusion of investigation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL