The Police Command in Zamfara has confirmed the selection of 3,850 indigenes of the state to be trained as Special Constables, to assist in the fight against banditry and other crimes in the state.
The command announced this in a statement by its Public Relations Officer, SP Shehu Mohammed, and made available to newsmen in Gusau.
He said that the trainees were part of the 7,500 candidates approved by the Inspector-General of Police, Mr Mohammed Adamu, to serve as special constables in the state.
According to the statement, the successful candidates had been screened and formed the first batch of those that would undergo two months training at the Police College, Kaduna and Police Training School, Sokoto.
He advised those who applied to check their names in their respective Police Divisional Headquarters and Local Government Secretariats, as the training will start from Oct. 9.
The statement added that successful candidates are to assemble at the Police Command Headquarters, Gusau on Oct. 8, from where they would be conveyed to their respective training institutions.
“The next batch of the training exercise would be communicated to the next set in due course”, it added.
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)