A 38 year old suspected internet fraudster, Azeez Adebowale, has been arrested by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC), in Ibadan.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the suspects home was raided on Monday and a mini coffin suspected to be containing fetish materials was found with him .
It was learnt that Adebowale, who claimed to be using the coffin as soap rack, was among the six persons arrested following weeks of piecing together tips on intelligence received on their alleged involvement in internet fraud.
The suspects which included a lady, Toyinsola Bolumole, were picked up by men of the Commission’s Ibadan zonal office at locations around Oluyole and Alao-Akala Estates of the ancient city.
Others are; Ifelowo Ololade, Sonuyi Ayodeji, Folarin Oladele Olayinka and Aluko Olawale.
Items recovered from them include four cars, various brands of sophisticated phones and an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) card.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC