A 38 year old suspected internet fraudster, Azeez Adebowale, has been arrested by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC), in Ibadan.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the suspects home was raided on Monday and a mini coffin suspected to be containing fetish materials was found with him .
It was learnt that Adebowale, who claimed to be using the coffin as soap rack, was among the six persons arrested following weeks of piecing together tips on intelligence received on their alleged involvement in internet fraud.
The suspects which included a lady, Toyinsola Bolumole, were picked up by men of the Commission’s Ibadan zonal office at locations around Oluyole and Alao-Akala Estates of the ancient city.
Others are; Ifelowo Ololade, Sonuyi Ayodeji, Folarin Oladele Olayinka and Aluko Olawale.
Items recovered from them include four cars, various brands of sophisticated phones and an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) card.
- Emefiele reveals what will happen to old naira notes after Feb. 10 deadline
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants