An arrest warrant has been issued for Nigerian music star Wizkid for failing to honour a contract for a concert with a client.
The arrest order was issued by a Buganda Road chief magistrates court.
The Ugandan reports that the order for the arrest of Wizkid, born Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, was signed by presiding judge Moses Baligeya Mufumbiro.
The charges against Wizkid were obtaining money by false pretense, cheating and conspiracy to defraud.
The charges were brought against by lawyers of Muwema co advocates and solicitors who are counsel to a company called Face TV which is accusing Wizkid of receiving $60,000 (around N27million) as performance fee for a show that he never showed up for.
First page of the arrest warrant for Wizkid by a Ugandan court
Face TV said after Wizkid’s team agreed to the deal, the company incurred extra expenses for booking flights and other logistics to the tune of $300,000 and also sold tickets to 25,000 people for the concert that eventually did not take place.
The Ugandan reports that Wizkid was billed to perform at Lugogo Cricket Oval on December 3 but did not show up for the event.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation