The Minister of Sports Development, Sen. John Owan Enoh, says the Super Eagles have won the hearts of Nigerians with their brilliant performance at the just concluded 2023 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Cote d’Ivoire.
Enoh hailed the performance of the team at the AFCON, culminating in a silver medal and just missing out on the coveted trophy by whiskers.
“We have reached the end of AFCON 2023, and I want to express my gratitude to the Super Eagles of Nigeria and the entire team who brought us this far.
“I applaud your commitment to winning, which led us to the finals,” he said.
The minister said the resilience of the team had evoked the admiration of the entire nation.
“We present you with your well-deserved accolades for standing for Nigeria until the end.
“We are proud of you, You took the Silver, and we congratulate you and wish you all the best,” Enoh said.
The hosts Cote D’Ivoire came from a goal down to defeat Nigeria 2-1 in a pulsating final on Sunday in Abidjan, to lift the AFCON trophy for the third time.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo