The gubernatorial appeal panel, according to a statement by PDP National Organising Secretary, Col. Austin Akobundu (rtd), in Abuja on Sunday, is chaired by the party National Chairman, Mr Uche Secondus.
Akobundu said that the Panel would consider appeals arising from the conduct of the Anambra State gubernatorial primary election.
He said that the PDP National Working Committee also approved the nomination of Sen. Umaru Tsauri as Member/Secretary of the panel.
Other members of the panel are Elder Yemi Akinwonmi, Sen. Sulaiman Nazif, Akobundu, Dr Agbo Emmanuel, Hon. Abdullahi Maibasira, Hon. Adewale Aribisala, Kola Ologbondiyan, Hajiya Maryam Waziri, Hon. Udeh Okoye, Emmanuel Enoidem, Alh. Mai Adamu Mustaphaa. Taofik Arapaja, Hon. Theophilus Shan, Chief Dan Orbih,Dr. Emmanuel Bovoa Chief Ali Odefa, Aminu Abdullahi, Sule Lamido, Alhahji Adamu Maina Waziri, Sen. David Mark, Chief Onyema Ugochukwu, Erelu Olusola Obada and Sen. Emmanuel Ibokessien.
Akobundu said that the appeal panelists will meet on Tuesday, June 29 at the Wadata Plaza, Abuja at 1 p.m.
NAN reports that there was confusion in Anambra over the conduct of the primary election as two PDP factions held separate elections.
Senator Ugochukwu Uba and Valentine Ozigbo were elected as the respective standard bearers in the November 6 poll.
While Uba was elected candidate of the faction led by Chukwudi Imeaba, Ozigbo was elected at an exercise organized by a faction believed to be loyal to the opposing faction.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)