The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on Friday disclosed that it has no hands in the present crisis rocking the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) after its convention which led to the emergence of a factional group in the party.
The Spokesman of the APC , Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi said this in an interview with journalists.
According to him, “the problem with the PDP is that it is still suffering from withdrawal syndrome as members of the party are behaving as though the only way they could survive as a political party is if they are in power.”
Abdullahi further urged members of the PDP to look into the mirror and be honest to themselves stressing that blaming the APC for their crisis and for everything that happens to the party was becoming boring.
He added that the accusation that President Muhammadu Buhari wants to be the sole candidate of the APC does not even make sense simply because it is presumptuous and is inconsistent with the principle of internal democracy on which the APC is built .
The APC spokesman however declared that the emergence of a factional group also showed that the PDP had built a house on falsehood and said the APC had earlier raised alarm that the convention it held was a sham and now the chicken has come to roost.
“PDP should be embarrassed that they cannot see beyond the APC for explanations to their problems. The way the party blames the APC for everything happening to them, one would think the PDP is one of those surrogate parties”, he added.
- Kwara govt set to sanction owned-tertiary institutions over unlawful recruitments
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection