The Governor redeemed the pledge when he visited the wife of our fallen hero, Col Bako this morning in Maiduguri, at about 0910 hrs . He was received by the Acting GOC, 7 Division Brig Gen AK Ibrahim.
The Governor consoled the wife and family members of Col Bako, and prayed for the repose of the late senior officer and the 3 other soldiers who paid the supreme prize along with him. He described him as a great patriot and formidable commander.
The Governor used the opportunity to present a Cheque of 20 million naira to Mrs Bako, which he earlier pledged and also promised to redeem his pledge of getting the family a house.
The governor also donated 2 million naira each to the 3 deceased soldiers; they are – Lance Corporal Nwobuji Desmond, Lance Corporal Adebiyi Oluwaseye and Private Aliyu Ibrahim, whom he described as gallant and patriotic soldiers par excellence.
Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE hereby on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Army extend our immense appreciation to His Excellency the Governor of Borno State for the kind gesture.
The Nigerian Army wishes to once again assure Nigerians of its continous determination and commitment to ending terrorism and other insecurities in Nigeria.
SAGIR MUSA Colonel
Acting Director Army Public Relations
23 September 2020
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal