The Governor redeemed the pledge when he visited the wife of our fallen hero, Col Bako this morning in Maiduguri, at about 0910 hrs . He was received by the Acting GOC, 7 Division Brig Gen AK Ibrahim.
The Governor consoled the wife and family members of Col Bako, and prayed for the repose of the late senior officer and the 3 other soldiers who paid the supreme prize along with him. He described him as a great patriot and formidable commander.
The Governor used the opportunity to present a Cheque of 20 million naira to Mrs Bako, which he earlier pledged and also promised to redeem his pledge of getting the family a house.
The governor also donated 2 million naira each to the 3 deceased soldiers; they are – Lance Corporal Nwobuji Desmond, Lance Corporal Adebiyi Oluwaseye and Private Aliyu Ibrahim, whom he described as gallant and patriotic soldiers par excellence.
Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE hereby on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Army extend our immense appreciation to His Excellency the Governor of Borno State for the kind gesture.
The Nigerian Army wishes to once again assure Nigerians of its continous determination and commitment to ending terrorism and other insecurities in Nigeria.
SAGIR MUSA Colonel
Acting Director Army Public Relations
23 September 2020
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes