Kwara State Governor, AbdulRahman Abdulrazaq on Wednesday lost one of his Uncles, Alhaji Uthman AbdulRazaq.
Alhaji Uthman AbdulRazaq died late Wednesday at the age of 72 after a brief illness, ROYAL NEWS reports.
At the Janazzah held at the Ilorin Muslim Burial Ground on Thursday, an Islamic Cleric, Alhaji Abdulraheem Oniwasi, reminded Muslims of the need to work hard in accordance with the dictates of Islam in order to be rewarded accordingly in the grave.
He noted that the grave was no respecter of any personality on the surface of the earth except for those who kept to the commandment of God.
Oniwasi urged Muslims to always be conscious and carry out their duties to Allah to earn God’s favour on the day of judgment.
In their separate prayers, Professor Hamzat Abdulraheem of Kwara State University and Dr. Mohammed Ghali of the University of Ilorin prayed Allah to forgive the shortcomings of the deceased and make Aljanah fridaus his final abode.
The burial programme was attended by Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, his brother, Dr Alimi AbdulRazaq, among others.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Train attack victims: FG reveals details on alleged ransome paid
- AbdulRazaq greets Muslims, attends Kwara’s annual Maulid celebration
- Buhari presents N20.51trn 2023 budget to National Assembly
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday