No fewer than 29 students have been expelled by the authority of the Kwara State Polytechnics for examinations malpractices.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the offence is contrary to the Matriculation oath they sworn to.
In a statement signed by the Polytechnic’s authority on Thursday said: “Please recall your involvement and trial in the case of alleged examination malpractice leveled against you, contrary to the Matriculation Oath you sworn to.
“Consequently, the Kwara State Polytechnic Governing Council considered the Report of the Academic Board in respect of the case and approved your immediate expulsion from the Polytechnic.
“Your expulsion is in line with the provision in the Review Student’s information and Regulations Handbook 2019.You are therefore, ceased to be a student of the Polytechnic and you should hand over all Polytechnic properties in your possession to your Head of Department or the appropriate Polytechnic Authority.”
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the expelled students include, Sa’ad Adebayo Yusau, John Comfort, Oladimeji Idowu Sukurat, Rauf Yakeen Olanrewaju, Abdulfatai Akeem Alabi, Akinola Oluwatosin Bolaji, Daramola Omotola Racheal, Oladipo Adeola, Sheu Qudus Damilare, Amode Iyanuoluwa Damilare, Olugbenga Micheal Toyin, Fagbohun Olasunkanmi Joel and Kabiru Lukman Temitope.
Others are; Babayemi Adeyemi Joseph, Adeyemi John Abayomi, Raji Adisa Mohammed, Balogun AbdulQuadri Olakunle, Olanipekun Precious, Omotayo Hammed Olamilekan, Adejumo Yusuf Adeyemi, Alabi Fawaz Olawale,Taiwo Peter, Shuaib Hammed Oladimeji and Abdulrasaq Saheed Olamilekan.
According to the statement, also included on the expulsion list; Abdulwasiu Saminu Oĺarewaju, Lawal Quadri Damilola, Daramola Omotola Racheal, Lawal Oyindamola Mariam, Yakeen Taofiq Tope and Abdulganiyu Sofiyullahi Taiye.
The statement therefore, advised the affected students to comply strictly with the directive to avoid litigation.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List