To my fellow Kwarans:
I have observed that despite the curfew declared by the State Government in response to the ongoing anger across the state, people are defying the stay-at-home order and still moving round to attack public and private properties.
I hereby appeal to all Kwarans to please cooperate with the state government and comply with the directives to remain calm, eschew violence and stay at home in compliance with the curfew.
Irrespective of the obvious mistakes that must have fueled this anger, we must give the government the opportunity to correct itself.
We must avoid anarchy in our dear State of Harmony. As Kwarans, violence is not our nature. I plead with all our people not to allow our State turn to a battleground or a lawless society.
May Almighty Allah continue to bless Kwara State and all its peace loving people.
– Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki,
Wazir of Ilorin
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling
- Wike donates N70million to families of three slain police officers
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity