To my fellow Kwarans:
I have observed that despite the curfew declared by the State Government in response to the ongoing anger across the state, people are defying the stay-at-home order and still moving round to attack public and private properties.
I hereby appeal to all Kwarans to please cooperate with the state government and comply with the directives to remain calm, eschew violence and stay at home in compliance with the curfew.
Irrespective of the obvious mistakes that must have fueled this anger, we must give the government the opportunity to correct itself.
We must avoid anarchy in our dear State of Harmony. As Kwarans, violence is not our nature. I plead with all our people not to allow our State turn to a battleground or a lawless society.
May Almighty Allah continue to bless Kwara State and all its peace loving people.
– Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki,
Wazir of Ilorin
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment