Former President Muhammadu Buhari has submitted his assets declaration form to the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).
A tweet shared by his spokesperson, Garba Shehu, today June 3, states that the CCB acknowledged receipt of the president’s form today.
The asset declaration form is a schedule of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (1999) and is mandatory for all elected, appointed, recruited and contracted public officers. All public officers are to declare their assets and liabilities on the assumption of office and at the end of their tenure. Declarants are required by law to state their assets/liability including that of their spouses who is not a public officer and children under 18 years of age and submit same to the bureau within 30 days of the receipt of the forms.
Garba disclosed that the completed declaration form showed that Buhari’s movable assets did not increase, at home in Nigeria or outside and he did not add new bank accounts outside the only one he had in Union Bank, Kaduna. He added that the form shed the former President has taken no loans and has no liability and that the number of animals in his farm recorded a little decrease due to the number he gave out as gifts in the last four years.
‘’Former President Muhammadu Buhari has submitted his assets declaration forms to the Code of Conduct Bureau, CCB, in line with Chapter 6 of the constitution.
The CCB today issued an acknowledgement receipt.
The completed declaration shows that his movable assets did not increase, at home in Nigeria or outside and did not add new bank accounts outside the only one he had in Union Bank, Kaduna. He has taken no loans and has no liability.
The number of animals in his farm recorded a little decrease due to the number he gave out as gifts in the last four years.”
- Nigerians should be wary of purveyors of fake news– Soludo
- MURIC HAILS ARMY OVER KADUNA GUN FACTORY DISCOVERY
- JUST IN….NIPR Insists Tinubu’s Spokesperson, Ajuri Ngelale not ‘Qualified’ for PR Job
- My appointment’ll foster closer ties between government and communities— Tinubu’s SSA
- (PHOTOS) Another Kano Princess, Asmau AbdulKadir Marries Iwo High Chief
- Breaking…. Kwara gets new Commissioner of Police, Olaiya Victor Mobolaji
- What police did to late Mohbad’s body after autopsy
- Make peace your priority, PCN National Commandant, Akoh charges Nigerians
- Update On Doctor Who Performed Surgery For Late Adebola Akin-Bright
- EFCC, FRSC Deepen Collaboration in Fighting Corruption