President Muhammadu Buhari has restated that the Federal Government will continue to support the annual Science, Technology and Innovation EXPO, in order to promote Research, Development and the global competitiveness of the country.
This assertion was made by the Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, on Monday, on behalf of the President at the opening ceremony of the 6th Annual STI EXPO held at the Eagle Square, Abuja.
Buhari, while declaring open the expo said, the expo is a platform for bringing Inventors, Researchers, Scientists, Government, Academia, Private Sector and many other stake holders together for the purpose of sharing ideas for Research, Development, Innovation, and Commercialization of research results.
The Minister said the expo is a prime opportunity to present to Nigerians, the 2022 Revised National Policy on Science, Technology and Innovation (NSTIP) and commission for the first time in the history of our country the Nigeria Science, Technology and Innovation Television (STI tv@NG).
In his words, “The 2022 Revised NSTIP is a document which I believe will not only serve as a principal document for the full diversification of the Nigerian economy and be a lasting legacy to both present and future generations of Nigerians for the promotion of a knowledge economy. The STI television will be used for extensive advocacy to inculcate Science, Technology and Innovation as part of our everyday life in the country.”
He further noted that, the projects commissioned at the opening are aimed at Job and wealth creation, as well as increase the number of youths and women that will be attracted to Science, Technology, and Innovation activities.
In a goodwill message the European Union Ambassador to Nigeria/ECOWAS Amb. Samuela Isopi said that Nigerian innovators through “Horizon Europe”, can submit proposals for innovation grants.
She said STI development is core to the bilateral agreements between Nigeria and the European Union.
In another goodwill message, the Minister of Trade and Investment, Otunba Niyi Adebayo called for stronger synergy between his Ministry and FMSTI.
He assured innovators of his Ministry’s assistance towards commercialisation of research results.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal