President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, transmitted the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) 2023 Budget to the Senate for consideration.
Buhari’s request was contained in a letter to the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan and read during plenary.
“Pursuant to Section 121 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigerias1999 (as amended).
“I forward herewith the Federal Capital Territory’s 2023 Statutory Budget Proposal for the kind consideration of the Senate.
“In the preparation of the Federal Capital Territory’s 2023 Statutory Budget Proposal, the Federal Capital Territory Administration aligns with the Federal Government’s laudable fiscal development policies.
“Accordingly, the FCT 2023 Budget proposal prioritising improvement in Heath Care Services, job creations. youth empowerment, social welfare services, education and increased productivity in agriculture in order to lift significant number of our citizens out of poverty,” he said.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,0000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud