Alhaji Lai Mohammed, Minister of Information and Culture, on Monday described the Grammy Awards of music stars Burna Boy and Wizkid’s as endorsement of Afrobeat genre of music.
The Minister, while congratulating the music stars for their feats, said that Afrobeat genre of music has propelled Nigeria’s increasing dominance of the music world.
In a statement issued by the minister in Lagos, Mohammed described the awards as fitting rewards for the persistent and hardwork of the duo.
He expressed the hope that the clinching of the prestigious awards by the two music stars would not only spur them to greater heights, but would also serve as a source of inspiration for others.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the two Nigerian Afrobeats stars won awards at the 2021 Grammys.
Burna Boy won the Best Global Music Album category, while Wizkid won the Best Music Video for his song with American music star, Beyoncé; Brown Skin Girl, from Lion King: The Gift album.
Beyoncé’s daughter, Blue Ivy, was also a winner on the song.
Burna Boy, real name Damini Ogulu, a nominee for a second consecutive year, won with his Twice As Tall album.
The 63rd Grammy Awards was held in Los Angeles, United States of America.
- World cup riots break out after Morocco’s shock 2-0 win over Belgium
- UK Arrival: Some selected pictures of Emir of Ilorin
- Abuja-Kaduna Rail service starts in 7 days– FG
- Kwara govt. re-opens College of Education, Ilorin
- Dangote plans 300,000 fresh jobs for Nigerians
- Minister Okays Security Measures For Abuja/Kaduna Train Transport Scheme
- Adeleke freezes Osun bank accounts immediately after swearing-in
- Adekeke rename Osun after sworn in as sixth governor
- Nigeria to begin processing of raw gold, others — Minister
- Why we retained workers in Ajaokuta inspite not being fully operational — minister