A Federal High Court, Abuja has fixed Nov 18 for hearing a N20bn suit filed by leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, against the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF), Abubakar Malami, SAN.
Justice Inyang Ekwo fixed the date for hearing the suit, which also has the Director-General of National Intelligence Agency (NIC), Ahmed Abubakar as a defendant.
Kanu, through his lawyer, Aloy Ejimakor, had filed a writ of summons marked: FHC/ABJ/CS/1702/222.
The application, dated and filed on Sept. 23, listed Abubakar Malami and Ahmed Rufai Abubakar as 1st and 2nd defendants respectively.
Ejimakor sought “a declaration that the defendants’ arrest and imprisonment of the plaintiff (Kanu) at a location in Kenya and the subsequent imprisonment of the paintiff in the aircraft that conveyed him from Kenya to Nigeria amounted to false arrest and false imprisonment.
“A declaration of this Honourable court that the defendants acted in bad faith and/or abused their public offices in falsely arresting and falsely imprisoning the plaintiff at the said location in Kenya and said aircraft.
”An order of this honourable court directing the defendants to, jointly and severally, pay to the plaintiff the sum of N20,000,000,000.00 (Twenty Billion Naira only) being general and exemplary damages.
“An order of this honourable court directing the defendants to separately write and deliver to the plaintiff, an unreserved personal letter of apology.”
He prayed that the letters of apology shall be prominently and boldly published full-page in two Nigerian newspapers of national circulation.
He also sought an order of the court, directing the defendants to pay the cost of the suit, among others.
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC