PTF National Coordinator, Dr Sani Aliyu, made this known in a short video statement released on Thursday.
There have been concerns regarding a fresh lockdown as the country battles the second wave of the coronavirus pandemic.
But Aliyu said the government was aware of the economic implication of a fresh lockdown and, therefore, urged Nigerians to adhere to all guidelines to curb the spread of the disease.
He said, “We are aware of a fake message on WhatsApp that we’ve declared a lockdown in the country. This is absolutely not true. I call on the Nigerian public to please ignore this message and continue with normal activities.
“I’m also calling on the public to abide by the non-pharmaceutical interventions including wearing of face masks in the public, washing of hands and maintaining physical distancing.
“There is an established way that we send our messages to the public including declarations when it comes to infection control. So, please ignore what is being going round on WhatsApp.”
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63