The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has expressed sadness over the death of the Commissioner of Police in Cross River State, CP Lanre AbdulKadir Jimoh.
In a condolence message signed on Friday by his Spokesperson, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, the Emir described CP Jimoh’s death as a colossal loss the entire people of Ilorin Emirate and Nigerians at large.
He also confirmed that the deceased was until his death a committed police officer who rose to the rank of Commisioner of Police with genuine love for the nation and grassroots development.
“I’m really pained and shocked by his death. Late CP Jimoh paid his quotas to the national security architecture as a gallant police officer. It is indeed a great loss to humanity at large. May Almighty Allah accept his good deeds, forgive his shortcomings and admit him into al-janatul firdaos”, the Emir added.
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero