Dangote close to buying French club Valenciennes
Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote is close to buying French Ligue 2 club, Valenciennes
According to French media outlet, Entreprendre, the business mogul, who is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Dangote Group is ready to acquire 60% ownership of the club.
The Dangote Group is the largest industrial conglomerate in Africa.
The Nigerian businessman was interested in buying Premier League club, Arsenal in the past but failed to achieve his objective.
Valenciennes was formed in 1913 and plays its home matches at the recently built Stade du Hainaut.
The club have played 40 seasons in Ligue 1 and 36 seasons in Ligue 2.
The Athenians have never won the Ligue 1 title but have claimed the Ligue 2 title on two occasions.
Valenciennes have also played in the French Cup final once.
They currently occupy 15th position on the Ligue 2 table.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje