The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Douye Diri, has collected his Certificate of Returns form the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC) on Friday as the new governor-elect of Bayelsa State.
INEC earlier declared him as the winner of the November 16 governorship election held in Bayelsa State.
A few minutes after INEC’s pronouncement, Odiri and his deputy arrived at the electoral’s body headquarters in Abuja to receive the Certificate of Return.
Supreme Court had nullified the All progressives Congress victory of November 16 governorship election.
The Supreme Court had ruled that Lyon’s Deputy, Degi Ereminyo, submitted forged certificates that disqualified the joint ticket and nomination.
The court asked the Independent National Electoral Commission to withdraw the Certificate of Return issued to them and reissue the same to the next party with the required constitutional spread.
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy
- Gov. Zulum appoints 7 Permanent Secretaries
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour of A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto