The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Douye Diri, has collected his Certificate of Returns form the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC) on Friday as the new governor-elect of Bayelsa State.
INEC earlier declared him as the winner of the November 16 governorship election held in Bayelsa State.
A few minutes after INEC’s pronouncement, Odiri and his deputy arrived at the electoral’s body headquarters in Abuja to receive the Certificate of Return.
Supreme Court had nullified the All progressives Congress victory of November 16 governorship election.
The Supreme Court had ruled that Lyon’s Deputy, Degi Ereminyo, submitted forged certificates that disqualified the joint ticket and nomination.
The court asked the Independent National Electoral Commission to withdraw the Certificate of Return issued to them and reissue the same to the next party with the required constitutional spread.
- PHOTO NEWS: How Late Galadiman Patigi, Dr. Alfa Saadu was buried in London
- Coronavirus Update: Nigeria’s cases increase to 184
- Lagos discharges 11 additional coronavirus patients
- COVID-19: TUYIL hails Kwara govt, donates N10million
- BREAKING….. KWARA BEGINS FUMIGATION OF MARKETS TONIGHT 7-11pm
- COVID-19: Germany Chancellor donates €5.5m to Nigerians
- Ogun governor assures of equality in palliatives distribution
- Saudi Arabia govt imposes 24hrs in Makkah, Madina city
- Coronavirus infection kills Philippines envoy
- Read what new KWASU VC says about his appointment
News3 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education5 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen