The bill for the establishment of Ekiti State Security Network Agency and Amotekun Corps has been passed into law by the Ekiti State House of Assembly on Friday.
The Speaker, Funminiyi Afuye, said, “Having passed through the third reading, the bill has become a law.”
Afuye, who lauded the lawmakers for their “leadership and commitment to the bill,” said the Assembly did not short-circuit any process that was required in law-making, The PUNCH reports.
The Speaker said the bill would be transmitted to the state governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, for his assent.
The law passed through the first and second readings in the Assembly on Thursday and committed to the House Committee on Security for proper legislative scrutiny before the House adjourned sitting till Friday.
The lawmakers, who debated the bill exhaustively in the chambers on Thursday, spoke on the appropriateness of the proposed law in view of the security challenges facing the state, region and Ekiti State.
A public hearing was also conducted on the Bill later on Thursday.
At the resumed sitting on Friday, the House Committee of Security presented the committee’s report.
The report was adopted by the Committee of the House, then the Bill went into the third reading, which it passed through.
- CBN gives marching order to commercial banks, others
- Update: Coronavirus cases hit 111 in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Abba Kyari gives update of his health and what next
- COVID-19: Message from NACCIMA National President to members
- Covid-19: Dangote donates 600-bed isolation centres to Kano govt
- CORONAVIRUS: Read 65-paragraph address delivered by Buhari
- BREAKING….. COVID-19 HAS NO CURE FOR NOW—- Buhari
- Kwara governor breaks silence, donates 10months salaries to Covid-19 support
- 55yr-old Medical Consultant dies of coronavirus
- BREAKING…… “Unfortunately, I tested positive for coronavirus infection”
News2 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education4 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen