By Arowona Abdulazeez, Ilorin
Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State has advised Nigerians to stop blaming President Muhammadu Buhari or any other past leaders in the country on the current state of the economy but collectively think outside the box for an enduring solution.
Governor Ahmed who gave the advice while hosting members of the Kwara state chambers of commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (KWACCIMA), in his office on Wednesday, said: “There is nowhere in the world where a nation runs a mono-economy like ours without running into economic recession.”
The governor further stressed that, “over the years, the money earned from oil driven economy did not go into regenerative programmes but went into consumption and payment of petrol subsidy. So what do you think will happen?
“The economy cannot be better. It is not the fault of Buhari or Jonathan, it is the fault of Nigeria leadership from inception. It is the fault of everybody.”
He however advised that “as a people, we must begin to see how we can improve our resourcefulness. Enough of blame game, it won’t take us anywhere. Once we improve on human capital development, we can begin to drive entrepreneurship and we would begin to move out of the recession.”
Earlier, the president of KWACCIMA, Dr. Ahmed Raji, who commended governor Ahmed’s giant strides on infrastructural development and provision of education and health facilities in spite of dwindling economy, said the chamber is working towards assisting some of their members in resuscitating ailing industries in the state.
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded
- Justice Nyako seeks appointment of more judges for speedy justice dispensation
- Tinubu in Abuja not in the United States says APC PCC
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1
- Late KWASU VC: University Releases Appreciation Notification
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison