The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Ogun has deployed 1707 personnel to monitor and control gridlocks during the Eid-el-Kabir celebration in the state.
NAN reports that the Federal Government on Monday declared Thursday and Friday public holiday for the Muslims faithful to celebrate the Eid-el-Kabir across the country.
The Ogun Sector Commander of FRSC, Mr Ahmed Umar, disclosed this on Wednesday in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ota, Ogun.
Umar said that 37 patrol vehicles, five life support ambulances, four high power motor bikes and a heavy duty tow truck would be deployed as logistics support to boost the special patrol.
Umar said that the 845 personnel were Special Marshals while the remaining 862 are Regular Marshals.
“The FRSC will deploy personnel across the length and breadth of the state to control traffic and enforce road traffic rules and regulations including the COVID-19 protocols.
“We shall politely caution motorists on the roads during the festive period. But where we observe severe infractions of traffic rules and regulations, we shall not hesitate to take necessary actions against such erring drivers,” he said.
The sector Commander also said that personnel would be strategically deployed to areas prone to much problems to ensure that everything went on smoothly.
Umar warned motorists against driving under influence of alcohol and drugs, adding that they should also not flout any traffic rules and regulations that could lead to crashes during the festival.
He urged motorists to refrain from speeding and cooperate with FRSC personnel and traffic agencies to make the Eid-el-Kabir a crash-free-festival.
- 12yrs of exit: Remembering Alh. S.A. Arowona everyday with prayers
- 52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG
- IsDB, UNCTAD, unite over sustainable investment