The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has installed Alhaji Hanafi Kawu Agaka as the new Daudu Agaka of Ilorin.
The new traditional chief hails from the Shitta Alimi Oroganloye family ruling house, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari who described the installation of the new chief as a tradition in line with the culture of the Ilorin Emirate, urged him to use his wide experience and connections to promote the community.
Shortly after his installation, the Alhaji Hanafi Agaka exchanged pleasantries with other kinsmen and Daudus in full royal regalia to become the 7th Daudu Agaka of Ilorin.
Hanafi Kawu Agaka was born on July 19th, 1961 into the Orangaloye ruling family of Ilorin. He has held several positions until his appointment to the respected stool of illustrious forebearers on July 6th, 2019 by the Emir of Ilorin and Chairman of the Kwara State Traditional Council, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari in recognition of his worthwhile leadership qualities.
He succeeded his late father who was the immediate and 6th Daudu of Agaka and first Dan Iya of Ilorin, late Alhaji Ibrahim Kawu Agaka who died last year.
Sepaking after the installation, Alhaji Hanafi thanked the Emir of Ilorin, for giving him the opportunity to serve his people and expressed delight on his emergence as the 7th Daudu Agaka.
He therefore promised to serve the community and Ilorin Emirate with sincerity of purpose.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion