The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji (Dr.) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, has rejoiced with the Chief Judge of Kwara State, Justice Sulyman Durosinlohun Kawu and a retired Grand Khadi of the Kwara State Shariah Court of Appeal, Justice Idris Abdullahi Haroon on the approval of the conferment of National Honour Awards on them by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari described the two jurists as examplary models to younger generations for their numerous selfless services to humanity through public service and personal endowments which has earned them the prestigious rank of Officer of the Federal Republic, (OFR).
In a congratulatory message issued by his spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, the emir noted with passion that as the serving Chief Judge of Kwara State and son of retired Justice Saidu Kawu, the late Madawaki of Ilorin, Justice Durosinlohun Kawu has no doubt carved a niche for himself in the judicial service and beyond.
“He has through his outstanding contributions to the judicial service in the state raised the bar by sustaining the aged-long tradition of fair hearing and dispensing justice to the public diligently.”
The statement further added that, retired Justice Idris Haroon has contributed to the society in numerous ways while in the service of the Kwara State Government as the Shariah Court Grand Khadi and now as the Chairman of the Council of Muslim Organisations, (CMO) as well as membership of many religious and cultural organisations in Ilorin Emirate.”
The emir however described the national honour of awards bestowed on them as well-deserving and prayed Allah to grant the duo of Justice Kawu and retired Justice Haroon sound health and long life to witness more of such remarkable landmarks on earth.
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC