The late mother of the emir of Ilorin, Hajia Aishat Nma Sulu-Gambari, has been described as a woman of virtues, uniqueness and rear gem globally.
The Chief Imam of Ilorin, Dr. Muhammad Bashir Soliu, who led other clerics during the fidau prayers for the repose of the soul of the deceased held at the Ilorin Central Mosque on Tuesday, prayed Allah to forgive her shortcomings and grant her Al-janatul firdaos.
It would be recalled that late Aishat Nma Sulu-Gambari was the granddaughter of the late 7th Emir of Ilorin, Shehu Shuaibu Bawa (1914-1919), daughter of the late 8th Emir of Ilorin, Shehu AbdulKadir Dan Shuiabu Bawa, (1919-1959), wife of the late 9th Emir of Ilorin, Shehu ZulKaiani Muhammadu Gambari CFR (1959-1992), sister of the late 10th Emir of Ilorin, Shehu Aliyu AbdulKadir (1992-1995) and mother of the 11th Emir of Ilorin, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Dr. Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR (1995- Till date).
In his lecture, the Chief Imam of Ansaru-Deen, Alhaji Ahmad Abdulrahman, urged the people of Ilorin and beyond to use the occasion of the unfortunate incident to forgive one another, embrace peaceful co-existence and adopt harmonious working relationship for the progress of the community and nation at large.
He also stressed that the lifetime of the late Queen should serve as a lesson to everyone to be close to God, prayerful and be committed to good deeds to mankind.
In his reaction, the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, thanked all the Nigerians for their condolences and visits during the mourning period stressing that, “I sincerely appreciate the honour done to me and prayers offered for my late mother.”
In a statement signed by the National Secretary of Shehu Alimi Foundation for Peace and Development, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, the monarch thanked all traditonal rulers, top government functionaries, associations, grassroot movements, members Ilorin community home and abroad and clerics among others for their supports and fervent prayers.
He however urged indigene to always love one another in order to sustain the exciting peaceful and harmonious atmosphere enjoyed in the State. “I will sincerely miss my mother, she was a unique factor not only to the royal dynasty but to the entire nation”, he added.
Facebook Comments Box
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes
- FG approves trade union for Bolt, Uber Drivers
- Election: Close down institutions, allow students vote– Reps to FG
- ICPC re-arrests former JAMB registrar Dibu Ojerinde
- Kwara Assembly approves extension of Acting Auditor-General’s tenure
- Ex-JAMB registrar opened fictitious accounts to conceal his identity– Witness
- No attempt to create conflict between Tinubu, Buhari will succeed – APC