Alhaji Ganiyu Egunjobi, the Executive Chairman of Agege Local Government, has appealed to security agencies in the community to ensure the safety of #ENDSARS protesters in the area.
Egunjobi made the appeal, on Sunday, in Agege against the backdrop of plans by youths from Agege to hold the #ENDSARS protest in the area.
“Have been following the thread on the planned #ENDSARS protest in Agege.
All along, he said, the chairman said he has been following the nationwide protest against police brutality.
“As a show of open support for Agege chapter of the protest, I have reached out to security authorities in the council area to give peaceful protesters maximum protection.
“They should ensure that the occasion is not used by criminal elements to perpetrate heinous acts,’’ he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank