Fidelity Bank Plc, has said it is collaborating with JSK Etiquette Consortium to teach contemporary manners and social skills to children in Nigeria.
This is even as the bank at the weekend held a successful training programme for children at its Private Banking office in Ikoyi, Lagos.
According to the bank, this laudable initiative which is part of its mentorship programme for the younger generation, also seeks to enlighten and equip children with the right values at an early age.
The bank also noted that children between the ages of nine to 15 years were also trained on other soft skills such as communication and collaboration to prepare them for future endeavours.
In his welcome address at the one-day Youth Etiquette Class, the Bank’s Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Nnamdi Okonkwo said, “At a time when inappropriate behavior and manners are threatening to push our core values as a nation to the background, we need to rekindle hope for tomorrow by teaching children basic etiquette while reinforcing what parents may have taught them.
Okonkwo stated that it was against this background that Fidelity Private Banking came up with the mentorship programme as the role of children in national development cannot be over-emphasised.
Mrs Janet Adetu, the training Facilitator, noted that the workshop would not only provide children with requisite social skills to manage difficult situations but also boost their self-confidence.
“We want to build their self-confidence and make sure that our children are prepared to take up leadership opportunities in the near future”, she said.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin