Meanwhile, the board was on Monday inaugurated
by the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu,with the charge that members of the board should use their wealth of experience to pilot the nation’s senior secondary education towards excellence.
Adamu also urged them to uphold the principles of Federal Character to promote equity and fairness in the discharge of their duties.
He said: “The board is charged with the responsibility of prescribing the minimum standards and regulating the senior secondary education in Nigeria.
“Members should respect the principles of federal character in the appointment of staff and as well comply with all relevant government regulations in addition to ensuring transparency, proper and due process in all endeavours.
“Board members should put executive service in place for early detection in the allegations of social vices such as bribery, religious intolerance and other forms of misconduct.”
Also speaking, the Minister of State for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, said all opportunities should be harnessed by members of the board to put the commission on a sound footing and in accordance with the regulations contained in the ministerial strategic plan 2018 -2022 which is intended to provide the roadmap for an accelerating delivery of inclusive quality education to Nigerian citizens.
In her remark, Dr. Nimatallahi Akanbi stated that she believes that members of the board are round pegs in round holes who have all it takes to formulate policies for and supervise senior secondary education in the country.
“The tasks before us are enormous but not insurmountable due to my personal belief in the indefatigable Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu and the entire membership of the board”, she added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Dancing Senator, Ademola Adeleke declared as authentic Osun PDP candidate
- Hajj: NAHCON inaugurates, screens medical team
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders