Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Itori Unit Command, Ogun, says it will commence operation of a mobile court to try motorists without valid driver’s licence and other related offences on Friday.
FRSC Unit Commander, Itori, Mr Shamaki Yerima, made this known in an interview with ROYAL NEWS on Wednesday in Ota, Ogun.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the corps had, on July 5, embarked on a seven-day ”Operation Show Your Driver’s Licence” across the country.
Yerima said that the agency would be focusing more on the operation ‘show your driver’s licence,’ as directed by its headquarters in Abuja.
He added that FRSC was also looking at other infractions that might endanger or lead to unnecessary loss of lives on the highways.
The unit commander, however, stated that the number of erring drivers could not be ascertained as of now, as it was still continuing till July 11.
Yerima highlighted some of the other offences for which erring motorists would be tried by the corps to include: overloading, violation of speed limit devices and use of worn out tyres.
According to him, erring drivers will also be tried for not using seat belts and driving against traffic.
“Erring drivers will be arrested and prosecuted in our mobile court, starting from Friday.
“In addition, the court will determine the punishment that will be imposed on such erring drivers, to serve as deterrent to others,” he said.
Yerima warned motorists to desist from flouting traffic regulations and shun nefarious acts so as to reduce crashes to the barest minimum in the state.
He also urged drivers to refrain from reckless driving and wrongful overtaking in order to prevent unnecessary mishaps on the road.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment