The publication of a book titled: “Christian Theology, Mentorship and National Transformation” in honour of Professor Julius Bamidele Lawal by the ECWA Theological Seminary, Igbaja Kwara State has been described as a honour well deserved.
This was the remark of high profile personalities from far and wide who converged at the ancient town of Igbaja to honour the man whom many have described as a father of all.
The Chairman of the Gbenga Power Foundation, Honourable Gbenga Power Oyekunle who was represented by a high powered delegation asserted that “Baba Lawal” as he is fondly called has paid his dues to God and humanity.
Honourable Gbenga-Power explained that the awardee has impacted positively on all those that have been privileged to cross his path through mentoring and wise counsel just as he supported the book launch with the sum of five hundred thousand naira (#500,000).
In his remarks, Provost of ECWA Seminary Igbaja, Dr John Adetoyese who disclosed that the he was discovered by Professor Julius Lawal admonished the gathering to emulate the lifestyle of the celebrant.
Dr Adetoyese said that there are a lot to learn from Professor Julius Lawal applauded his sense of humor, charisma and ability to focus on targeted goals rather than competing with anyone.
He also disclosed that as part of efforts to further immortalize him, the management of ECWA Seminary Igbaja is constructing a structure to be named JB Lawal Centre for Theological and Leadership Mentoring.
The forty page book which was reviewed by Professor Peter Awojobi is centered on Church activities and mentorship, academics, social relevance including theological research and purposeful leadership.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules