The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Gboko Local Government Area (LGA) of Benue has disowned Mr Joseph Kaaba, pointing out that he was not a member of the party as claimed while defecting to the PDP on Saturday.
In a press statement issued on Saturday by Mr Francis Kyura,
Director of Media and Publicity, APC Gboko LGA, the party said Kaaba was never a member of the party.
APC described as an “erroneous representation” the claim that was circulated in the social media that Benue APC had lost a party chieftain.
“We wish to state that at no point did Mr Joseph Kaaba join the APC in Gboko LGA. There is no evidence of his membership or APC registration ceremony after he left the Federal Civil Service a few years ago.
“The APC in Gboko LGA has received several retired directors at both the state and the Federal Civil Service, some of whose APC registration ceremonies were even witnessed by the National Secretariat of our party. At no point did Kaaba feature in any of the ceremonies,” the statement said.
The party said it appreciated Kaaba’s liberty to join any political party of his choice but equally felt it was wrong to lay claim to APC membership when he was not a member at no time.
“People of Benue State are to note that the APC in Gboko LGA at the moment is saddled with the onerous responsibility of assimilating thousands of supporters of other political parties it has received in the past months and will not be distracted by the antics of smaller political parties in the state,’’ the statement said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion