Popular cleric and General Overseer Of Redemption Ministries, Worldwide, Reverend Stephen Akinola is dead.
According to BBC Pidgin, the Port Harcourt-based Pastor died in the early hours of Sunday, June 6, at an undisclosed hospital in Abuja.
Akinola was said to have undergone a kidney transplant months back though the cause of his death is yet to be confirmed.
It was gathered that members of his congregation rushed to the church which has its headquarters in Port Harcourt to mourn the famous cleric when the news broke.
Former Chairman of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria as well as former Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria in Rivers State, Apostle Eugene Ogu confirmed Akinola’s demise on Sunday.
“Yes, it is a very sad day for the Christian community. While we were still talking of Prophet TB Joshua, Akinola’s death happened. he said.
Akinola, 68, is a native of Igboho, Oyo State. He was born in the Northern part of Ghana, in a city called Tamale.
His death comes just as Nigerians are mourning Prophet TB Joshua of the Synagogue Church of All Nations who died on Saturday, June 5.
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline