Popular cleric and General Overseer Of Redemption Ministries, Worldwide, Reverend Stephen Akinola is dead.
According to BBC Pidgin, the Port Harcourt-based Pastor died in the early hours of Sunday, June 6, at an undisclosed hospital in Abuja.
Akinola was said to have undergone a kidney transplant months back though the cause of his death is yet to be confirmed.
It was gathered that members of his congregation rushed to the church which has its headquarters in Port Harcourt to mourn the famous cleric when the news broke.
Former Chairman of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria as well as former Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria in Rivers State, Apostle Eugene Ogu confirmed Akinola’s demise on Sunday.
“Yes, it is a very sad day for the Christian community. While we were still talking of Prophet TB Joshua, Akinola’s death happened. he said.
Akinola, 68, is a native of Igboho, Oyo State. He was born in the Northern part of Ghana, in a city called Tamale.
His death comes just as Nigerians are mourning Prophet TB Joshua of the Synagogue Church of All Nations who died on Saturday, June 5.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal