Declaring the election result held at Haliru Abdu Secretariat, Birnin Kebbi, the state capital, the Returning Officer, Mrs Kelechi Njoku said Bagudu scored 455 votes to be the winner of the election.
ROYAL NEWS reports that few hours to the poll, Sen. Adamu Aliero, a strong contender of the ticket withdrew from the race some hours to the commencement of the primary election.
Njoku said: “On behalf of the Kebbi Central Senatorial Committee from Abuja, I hereby declare Gov. Abubakar Atiku Bagudu as the winner of the primary election held in Birnin Kebbi today, May 28 having scored the highest number of votes.”
Njoku expressed satisfaction with the level of decorum exhibited by the delegates, party stakeholders and other party loyalists.
In his acceptance speech, Bagudu thanked the committee, stakeholders and all other party loyalists for their support and cooperation that led to a successful primaries in the state.
While promising to ensure quality representation, Bagudu urged politician to always accept election results in good faith, advising that they should remember that power only comes from Almighty God.
Bagudu recalled that in 2011, he won the PDP flag-bearer for Kebbi Central Senatorial seat but in the interest of peace and unity he relinquished the mandate to Sen. Adumu Aliero, assuring, “If there is need for that today, I am ready to do the same thing in this present situation.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ