Gov. Samuel Ortom of Benue, on Friday in Makurdi, expressed shock and sadness over the death of Pastor Dare Adeboye, son of the General Overseer, Redeemed Christian Church of God Worldwide, Pastor Enoch Adeboye.
In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Terver Akase, Ortom said the demise of the young and vibrant pastor was a huge loss to the Redeemed Christian Church of God and the entire Church in Nigeria.
“On behalf of the Government and people of Benue State, I console the father of the deceased, Pastor Enoch Adeboye and encourage him to take solace in the fact that his son followed his footsteps in the service of God and died as a servant of the Lord,” Ortom said.
He said the avalanche of condolences and tributes from Nigerians home and abroad, who knew Pastor Dare Adeboye attested to his good reputation as a man who was truly loved by the people.
Ortom prayed to God to grant the deceased eternal rest and his family the strength to bear the painful loss.
NAN reports that the late young preacher died at the age of 42. (NAN)
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector