Gov. Samuel Ortom of Benue, on Friday in Makurdi, expressed shock and sadness over the death of Pastor Dare Adeboye, son of the General Overseer, Redeemed Christian Church of God Worldwide, Pastor Enoch Adeboye.
In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Terver Akase, Ortom said the demise of the young and vibrant pastor was a huge loss to the Redeemed Christian Church of God and the entire Church in Nigeria.
“On behalf of the Government and people of Benue State, I console the father of the deceased, Pastor Enoch Adeboye and encourage him to take solace in the fact that his son followed his footsteps in the service of God and died as a servant of the Lord,” Ortom said.
He said the avalanche of condolences and tributes from Nigerians home and abroad, who knew Pastor Dare Adeboye attested to his good reputation as a man who was truly loved by the people.
Ortom prayed to God to grant the deceased eternal rest and his family the strength to bear the painful loss.
NAN reports that the late young preacher died at the age of 42. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kwara: EFCC Arrests Two Clerics, Five Suspected Fraudsters In Hotel
- Customs generates N1.293trn revenue in six months –Official
- Police arrest father over daughter’s death in Kogi
- Aisha Wakil a.ka. ‘Mama Boko Haram, 2 others sentenced to 7yrs jailterm
- Cameroon seeks AIB-N support on aircraft accident investigation
- Professionalism, training motivation, support are catalyst for transformed education system– Stakeholders
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law