Gov. Samuel Ortom of Benue, on Friday in Makurdi, expressed shock and sadness over the death of Pastor Dare Adeboye, son of the General Overseer, Redeemed Christian Church of God Worldwide, Pastor Enoch Adeboye.
In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Terver Akase, Ortom said the demise of the young and vibrant pastor was a huge loss to the Redeemed Christian Church of God and the entire Church in Nigeria.
“On behalf of the Government and people of Benue State, I console the father of the deceased, Pastor Enoch Adeboye and encourage him to take solace in the fact that his son followed his footsteps in the service of God and died as a servant of the Lord,” Ortom said.
He said the avalanche of condolences and tributes from Nigerians home and abroad, who knew Pastor Dare Adeboye attested to his good reputation as a man who was truly loved by the people.
Ortom prayed to God to grant the deceased eternal rest and his family the strength to bear the painful loss.
NAN reports that the late young preacher died at the age of 42. (NAN)
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded