By Hammed Salawu, Minna
Niger State Governor, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello has attributed the successes of his administration thus far to the wise counsels of the Niger State Council of Traditional Rulers led by His Royal Highness, the Etsu Nupe Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar.
The Governor stated this in a statement to mark the Etsu’s 14th year anniversary on the throne which also coincided with his 65th birthday.
The statement, signed by his Chief Press Secretary Malam Jibrin Baba Ndace, described the Etsu as hardworking, God-fearing and a living symbol of integrity.
Governor Sani Bello noted that, within 14years on the throne, the Monarch has made giant strides particularly in the promotion of peace and security in his kingdom and the state as a whole.
He also lauded the Etsu’s immense contribution in the promotion of education, especially that of the Girl-child, in his domain adding that the singular role of the traditional ruler has contributed to the development of the state.
The Governor commended the Etsu for his honesty, simplicity and the ability to carry everybody along assuring that the state government will continue to work with traditional rulers for the overall development of the state.
“We felicitate with our Royal Father on his birthday as well as his 14th anniversary on the throne. We are particularly happy that, all these years, the Etsu has remained a rallying point for his subjects”.
Governor Sani Bello, who also praised the Etsu Nupe for his support to the administration, described the reign of the monarch as very eventful and beneficial to the people of the state.
He prayed Allah to grant the Emir the requisite wisdom and sound health to witness many more years on the throne to serve his Creator and humanity.
Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar was coronated in 2003 as the 13th Etsu Nupe.
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate