Governor Babangana Zulum of Borno State on Wednesday approved the appointment of Ka’ana Umar Ali as the new Accountant-General of the state.
Governor Zulum’s Special Adviser on Public Relations and Strategy, Isa Gusau, announced the new appointment in a statement issued in Maiduguri.
The statement reads: “The new Accountant General, Ka’ana Umar Ali, is a 55-year old postgraduate and graduate of Accounting and Audit from different higher institutions namely: Nigerian College of Accountancy, Jos; University of Maiduguri; Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, and Ramat Polytechnic in Maiduguri.
“He also has professional membership with the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria and he is I.T compliant. The new Accountant General has 33 years experience in the Borno State civil service, working in accounting sections of the rural electrification board, water corporation, pensions department in office of the head of service, political and cabinet affairs, monitoring and special duties.
“Ali also has experience on international development financing having served as project accountant for Fadama III world bank assisted project”.
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa