Governor Babangana Zulum of Borno State on Wednesday approved the appointment of Ka’ana Umar Ali as the new Accountant-General of the state.
Governor Zulum’s Special Adviser on Public Relations and Strategy, Isa Gusau, announced the new appointment in a statement issued in Maiduguri.
The statement reads: “The new Accountant General, Ka’ana Umar Ali, is a 55-year old postgraduate and graduate of Accounting and Audit from different higher institutions namely: Nigerian College of Accountancy, Jos; University of Maiduguri; Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, and Ramat Polytechnic in Maiduguri.
“He also has professional membership with the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria and he is I.T compliant. The new Accountant General has 33 years experience in the Borno State civil service, working in accounting sections of the rural electrification board, water corporation, pensions department in office of the head of service, political and cabinet affairs, monitoring and special duties.
“Ali also has experience on international development financing having served as project accountant for Fadama III world bank assisted project”.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC