A Kano-based Non Governmental Organisation, Hope for Orphans and Less Privileged Initiative (HOLPI), says it has distributed food items and clothing materials to 200 eye patients in Kano to mitigate their sufferings.
Mr Fatihu Isa-Abdullahi, the Assistant Secretary of the organisation, stated this in a statement on Monday in Kano.
Isa-Abdullahi said the items were distributed to patients who did eye surgeries during the 2020 Physician’s Week at the General Hospital, Gaya.
The free eye surgery was carried out by the organisation in collaboration with the Nigeria Medical Association (NMA).
The statement quoted Hajiya Bilki Muhammad-Rabi’u, Chairperson of the organisation, as saying that the gesture was to support the patients and improve their health conditions.
Muhammad-Rabi’u urged the patients to adhere to the medical prescriptions to enable them to recover quickly.
“Support to the orphans and less privileged persons in the society will go a long way to reduce social and economic hardships being experiencing in the society,” Muhammad-Rabiu was quoted as saying the statement.
The statement further quotes Dr Uman Ali, Chairman of the NMA, as saying that the free eye surgery was designed to complement government effort towards enhancing quality healthcare service delivery at the grassroots.
Ali called on development organisations to emulate the gesture and initiate programmes to improve healthcare service delivery in the state.
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)