Suspected Fulani herdsmen again invaded Warkan village, in Zangon Kataf local government area of Kaduna State and allegedly killed nine (9) persons and injured others in the early hours of today (Friday).
The suspected Fulani herdsmen were said to have come in large numbers and stormed the village around 2am while the people were all asleep.
A source said that so many houses were razed down.
Kaduna Government confirms killing of one in Zangon Kataf LGA
The source said the invaders left many injured, as they are now receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital.
According to the source, “The entire village is in confusion; the destruction by the suspected Fulani herdsmen is unbelievable.
“As l am talking to you, security personnel have taken over the village trying to ensure confidence in the hearts of the people and to avert any further attack by the suspected herdsmen.”
When contacted to confirm the incident, the State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Mohammed Jalige said he was not aware of the development, but promised to get back.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate