Senator representing Lagos central and former First Lady of Lagos state, Remi Tinubu has said that she fights her own battle and doesn’t report anyone to her husband, Bola Tinubu.
Speaking on TVC breakfast show ‘Your View’, Remi stated that she fights her own battles when she knows she is right without telling her husband, because she knows she will tell her she is wrong.
“That you have a position doesn’t mean you have to lose yourself to that position, because the position will go and then, do you go back and find yourself? You have to be yourself in every situation.
“Most of the time when people see me talk strongly, yes, I am Asiwaju’s wife but Asiwaju is somebody that I don’t go home to report anyone to because he would tell me, ‘you are wrong’.
“I don’t know why but when you have a husband who tells you, ‘you are wrong’ when you are right, in your own view, would you go back to such a person? So, I do my own fight when I have to, especially in what I believe in.”
The Senator also denied calling one of the attendees of the south-west zonal public hearing on constitution review a “thug”. She claimed that she asked the woman if she was a thug, but never called her a thug.
“I only asked a question and I expected her to say, Ma’am, I am not a thug.”
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai