Senator representing Lagos central and former First Lady of Lagos state, Remi Tinubu has said that she fights her own battle and doesn’t report anyone to her husband, Bola Tinubu.
Speaking on TVC breakfast show ‘Your View’, Remi stated that she fights her own battles when she knows she is right without telling her husband, because she knows she will tell her she is wrong.
“That you have a position doesn’t mean you have to lose yourself to that position, because the position will go and then, do you go back and find yourself? You have to be yourself in every situation.
“Most of the time when people see me talk strongly, yes, I am Asiwaju’s wife but Asiwaju is somebody that I don’t go home to report anyone to because he would tell me, ‘you are wrong’.
“I don’t know why but when you have a husband who tells you, ‘you are wrong’ when you are right, in your own view, would you go back to such a person? So, I do my own fight when I have to, especially in what I believe in.”
The Senator also denied calling one of the attendees of the south-west zonal public hearing on constitution review a “thug”. She claimed that she asked the woman if she was a thug, but never called her a thug.
“I only asked a question and I expected her to say, Ma’am, I am not a thug.”
- Ex-Gov. Ahmed to be charge to court soon– EFCC
- Oyo Govt Reopens Industrial Facility Sealed Over Pollution
- Customs deploys new Area Controller to Kwara
- Senate probes cement, other building materials’ prices increase
- Kwara students applaud AbdulRazaq for pro-masses programmes
- Senate rejects planned electricity tariff hike, probes N2trn subsidy requirements
- CBN’s Monetary Policy C’ttee nominees proffer solutions to FX, food crisis
- Senate confirms NHIA, NPC, NAHCON nominees
- Abuja lawyer, Maxwell Opara drags Tinubu to Court over alleged lopsided appointments
- Kwara AGILE to Secure Future of Children – KWSG