Former People’s Democratic Party, PDP governorship aspirant in the just concluded Bayelsa State governorship election, Ambassador Godknows Igali has congratulated the state governor-elect, Chief David Lyon of the All Progressives Congress, APC, urging him to imbibe the spirit of sportsmanship after his victory at the polls.
Lyon was on Sunday declared winner of the governorship election, held on Saturday, November 16 by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
In a statement personally signed by him, Igali described Lyon’s victory as a reflection of both the wishes of the people and God.
He also congratulated the Deputy Governor Elect, Senator Eremieyun Degi as well as the leader of APC in the state and Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylva and the campaign team and urged the governor-elect to imbibe the spirit of sportsmanship in seeing the victory as a friendly game within the Ijaw family.
“Open your heart wider and larger than you have ever done, and reach out to all other candidates across political parties. Rightfully, they have all invested in diverse ways in this political process which has produced you as the Chief Servant of the people and a first amongst equals. In particular, are the candidate and leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), your closest contenders.
“You must reach them; embracingly. You must also ensure that all from all parts of the state, from this moment feel the warmth of your of love and inclusion.
“As I had mentioned severally to you, I perceive that God who has lifted you so high is setting you up to take our people through great years of monumental progress and development. God’s way are deep and He’s sure set to use you.
“Its important therefore that you look across party lines, all strata of society and put together teams of men and women with good character and temperament and with requisite experience and skills to support in drawing up a roadmap for you.. This transcends manifesto of the APC and your campaign team to include the hopes and aspirations of the greater people of the state. The best journeys undertaken in life are often those commenced with clear roadmap and compass.
“I sincerely wish you the best and will continue to pray for your success and wellbeing,” Igali concluded.
- Nigeria to begin free visa entry for Africans by 2020
- BREAKING…. Electricity employees suspend strike action
- BREAKING…. At last, Kwara governor picks new date to swear-in commissioners
- FG urged to set up unemployment fund
- Senate seeks 20% from budget to fund constituency projects
- Senate probes PPPRA over N800bn roads maintenance fund
- Senate moves against illegal influx of foreign vessels
- Buhari, Sanwo-Olu, Marwa bemoan prevalence of drug abuse in Nigeria
- Aisha Buhari fires Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu (FULL STATEMENT)
- Senate probes N20trn unremitted stamp duties from banks, others