The Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, has called on State Governors to support President Bola Tinubu’s 8-point agenda, saying the agenda is tailored to position Nigeria in a position of respect within the comity of nations.
The Minister made the call when the Governor of Niger State, Mohammed Umar Bago, paid him a courtesy visit on Tuesday, in Abuja.
The Minister said the President had given marching orders to the new Ministers to propagate and conscientize Nigerians on the agenda, noting that he was aware that Nigerians are experiencing hardship due to recent policies and also due to the economic downturn.
The Minister also said, the President has promised that the hardship being experienced by Nigerians would give way to a new lease on life in the long run.
He noted that, to cushion the effect of the hardship, the the federal government among many other things has shared palliatives in the form of assorted grains to complement the special financial intervention that has been distributed to the states.
He further disclosed that states have shown commitment and support in the distribution of palliative, and is hopeful that the support will continue.
He thanked the governor for the visit and for identifying with the vision of the President.
In his remark, Governor Mohammed Bago said he was at the Ministry at the head of a high-powered delegation from Niger State to felicitate with the Minister on his appointment, and to thank the President for appointing a consummate professional to be the face of Nigeria.
He charged the Minister to justify the confidence that Nigerians have in him and join the state in spreading its vision and mission with the potential to feed the world, being the biggest in terms of land mass.
The governor assured Nigerians that the Minister would perform above and beyond all expectations.
The delegation had members of the Niger State Executive Council and members of the National Assembly from the state.
- (PHOTOS) NLC Protest: Mammoth crowd hit Abuja streets over hardship
- Oyebanji Unveils N12bn Economic Relief Programme
- (PHOTOS) Ex-Finance Minister, Okonjo-Iweala bags Timor Leste’s second highest national honour
- Kwara CP sues for peaceful demonstration ahead of planned protest (FULL STATEMENT)
- Nnamdi Kanu knows fate on fresh bail battle March 19
- Ex-DSP, Ekweremadu commends Nigerians for solidarity, prayers
- 16, 920 applicants jostle for UNILORIN’s admission
- 3 kids of same parents die of suffocation in Ilorin
- SERAP sues Wike, 36 govs ‘over failure to account for missing N40trn LGAs allocations’
- Lifted sanctions: Begin democratic process now, Northern Senators task Niger